ANITA CALCULATOR SIMULATORS
News and Updates
See some of the 'Anita Simulator' calculator collection
at the Museum of Computing in Swindon!
The museum has launched a calculator exhibition which was
opened by Sir Clive Sinclair on the 6th March 2006, and
runs until September. Among the calculators from this collection
displayed are an Anita 1021, an Anita 1000 LSI (which you can
try out) and a sample of Anita and Rockwell handheld
calculators. Many other interseting exhibits are on
display. Some pictures from the exhibition can be
found on Nigel Tout's Vintage Calculator Site
Anita Simulators has recently acquired an Anita 1021,
and work is in progress to add a simulator for this,
as well as for some of the related models. Pictures of
work-in-progress models can be found on the new
Also in the pipeline are models of a Unicom 102 and also Sumlock Compucorp
32x range of calculators. A 324G has been purchased and composite
images of the 320, 322 and 324 made from these. A roll out of
these models is planned sometime next year (2006). An Anita 1011 LSI
composite picture is also nearing completion, and a simulator is
planned using this, as soon as some details of the calculator's
functionality have been ratified---that's the trouble when trying
to make a model of a calculator you don't possess! With the addition
of these new models, the total number of individual calculators
simulated on this site will reach 29, spanning in functionality
from the simple four function
Anita 1000 LSI to the dual programmable Sumlock Compucorp
324G, and all the rest in between. These devices span just
about 6 years of development, showing the remarkable improvements in such
a short space of time, with just this small sample of
calculators associated with one organisation.
30th September 2017
- Updated Anita 1000 simulation to restore sound for HTML 5, that had previously broken as HTML evolved.
17th September 2016
- Blowing the dust of the site. Fixing stale and broken links.
27th March 2014
7th February 2009
- In the process of rehosting the site some of the manual images on the
manual's page have been lost. These are being restored as soon as possible.
25th August 2006
8th June 2006
- Picture of the House of Fraser 8F box added to
31st May 2006
27th May 2006
- Scan of a Rockwell advertising poster added to the 10R page.
7th May 2006
30th April 2006
26th April 2006
- A New Workshop page has been added for calculators
in the collection, which have not yet been simulated.
- Added page for an RS EC-415,
accessible from the gallery page.
24th April 2006
8th March 2006
- Added image of Rockwell advertisement to 21R page.
8th December 2005
- A simulator for the Radio Shack EC-415 has been
added to the Rockwell Simulators page.
Also a variant skin for the Rockwell 21R has been added to
the same page.
6th November 2005
- A Manual for the Seats 801.58190 (a Rockwell 10R equivalent)
has been added to the manuals page.
3rd November 2005
- A Manual for the Rockwell 8R has been added to
the manuals page.
30th October 2005
- A New Sears 801.58190 has
been added to the collection gallery page.
25th October 2005
- A New Rockwell 20R, with a second style of case has
been added to the collection gallery page.
26th June 2005
- The new 30F and EC-220 calculators have now been added
to the collection gallery page, and have had individual
detail pages added.
25th June 2005
12th February 2005
- Added a guest book. Let me know what you think about the site!
15th January 2005
1st December 2004
- New article 'Diciphering Anita Model Numbers' added. Access
the article here.
5th November 2004
27th October 2004
- Correction have been made to the Anita 831 simulator based
on the behaviour of a recently purchased calculator. A new
version of the download file is available on the downloads page
5th September 2004
- An Anita 841 has been added to the collection gallery
and a description page added.
1st September 2004
- A 9TR skin for the Rockwell simulator is Release, and the
gallery page updated.
22nd August 2004
- A Unicom 104 simulator is launched.
21st July 2004
- An Anita 8041 simulator has been launched.
- The main simulator page has been revamped to better organise the
simulators and add further information.
11th July 2004
- New release of Anita 811 simulator to correct behaviour
under Gerhard Wenzel's classification tree. Model behaves
as for the Rockwell 15330 A1030PE chip, rather than for the
15330PC chip, which gives 24, instead of 54.
8th July 2004
- A Rockwell Anita 201 simulator is launched, and
has been added to the collection. See the
collection gallery page.
19th June 2004
18th June 2004
8th June 2004
- House of Fraser 30F simulator released.
6th June 2004
- Rockwell 10R simulator released.
31st May 2004
- Rockwell 31R simulator released.
- Manual for the Rockwell 30R has been uploaded to the
30th May 2004
- Rockwell 30R simulator launched.
25th May 2004
23rd May 2004
- Added a Rockwell 20R to the collection gallery and updated the description of the 21R.
17th May 2004
15th May 2004
- Triumph 81 added to collection gallery.
- New release (RELEASE_2004_05_15) of Rockwell
simulators to fix incorrect emulation of trailing zeros.
6th May 2004
- New release (RELEASE_2004_05_06) of Anita 811, 831, 841 and Rockwell
simulators to fix rounding bug.
15th April 2004
- House of Fraser 8F 'skin' added to Rockwell simulators
14th April 2004
- Rockwell 18R manual added to manuals page
12th April 2004
- New Anita 841 simulator
- Adler 81 manual added to manuals page
11th April 2004
- Anita 811 and House of Fraser 18F manuals added to new manuals page.
10th April 2004
- Adler 81 added to collection gallery
27th March 2004
- New Anita 831 calculator simulator
- New 18R skin for Rockwell simulator
- Released updated Anita 811 simulator to fix a bug
23rd March 2004
- New Rockwell 20R and updated 21R calculator simulators
22nd March 2004
- New Rockwell 8R and 18F calculator simulators
16th March 2004
- Added Rockwell 21R calculator
27th February 2004
- New article "How to Write A Calculator Simulator"
21st February 2004
- Added House of Fraser 18F calculator
19th February 2004
- Preliminary release of Anita 1000 LSI Simulator
17th February 2004
- Article on my Sumlock factory recollections added
24th January 2004
- Triumph-Adler Skins added for Anita 810/811 simulator
16th January 2004
- Release of Anita 810/811 simulator
<- Prev Page
Last updated 7th February 2009.
© 2004-2009 Simon Southwell. All rights reserved.